|You are here: [ Witticisms ]
As with the "Official NGTO FAQ", here is another contribution from
"From time to time, I read certain posts here on the Message Board that are of special creative merit.
These "witticisms" if you will, are of such quality, that they deserve a special place here at NGTO.
To preserve for posterity so to speak. Perhaps I should mention this in the "Suggestions" Forum.
Perhaps not. Anyhow I have begun to catalog these little gems and will from time to time, post for all.
If you all come across any that are deemed worthy, please let me know."
- The Drifter <'(((><
- "...flyfishing purity lasts only as long as the other guy is not catching fish with a spinning rod." --Hooker
- "When the pleasure of your comforts start to exceed the thrill of your fishing-you've pretty well played the course." --The Ole Man
- "I know old..." --The Ole Man
- "I don't C&R. I use corn and powerbait on my flyrod and flies and crankbaits on my spinning rod. And, I EAT trout. I eat big ones, little ones, brownies, brookies and rainbows." --Mr.T
- "Enjoy'm all -- hope for a wild one!" --Johnkies
- "Nothing is better than hard work for beautiful fish, then cookin' 'em over an open fire and chuckin' 'em down with a cold brew!" --Rod
- "Stocked fish are whimps!" --Owl
- "Real bait fishermen don't need no stinking container for their worms!" --WindKnot
- "I hate bugs!" --Owl
- "Old flyfishermen never die, their rods just go limp." --BT
- "Barbs are my friend." --Owl
- "...there's no river in Riverdale, no forest in Forest Park, and East Point is on the west side of town." --Ole Man
- "The thing is that some of us are "tetched" in the head about flyfishing. Once it gets a hold on you, it's very addictive. The down side is that most of the fishing community and the general public think we are a little bit whacky and bear watching. You know-grown people that sit a room alone at night lashing fur and feathers (that had a ridiculous cost) to hooks with little granny bobbins and going around exclaiming how beautiful these little bugs are. People that get out in their yard and flail the air with a long pole and get a sick little grin on their face when the line goes out just right. Folks that go to a ton of trouble and expense to catch fish and then throw them all back. And when they're not fishing, they're on their computers talking about it." --Ole Man
- "T, you are the immature one ~ maybe you would feel better if you said "Na - na - na - na -nah" to us or called us "Bugger - heads" or "Doo -do lips"" --Owl
- "Fall from grace and catch some fish. I'll never understand why some anglers are so exclusive in their methods of fishing that they forego the pleasure of a tight line. Every technique has its time and place, and the angler that is consistently successful has to be able to adapt to the conditions." --Hooker
- "Trout don't rise in the cemetary son, get your life together and go fishing" --Hooker