NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > Beyond Georgia
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-18, 05:29 PM   #1
TroutTackler
Native

Default Acadia National Park?

Has anyone ever fished this National Park during the summer? My family is going to be there the last week of July and I was doing some reading and see that they have some small lakes with landlocked salmon, brook trout, lake trout, brown trout, smallies, perch, etc. It also looks like stripers could be running the coast right there at that time, as well. Anyone have any intel? Anyone know of a good fly guide in the area? I'm not turning up much from searching "The Google."

Thanks,
David
My Facebook
TroutTackler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-18, 05:55 PM   #2
Swamp Angel
President

Shoot a PM to Carolyn (retiredmp). If anyone here knowns about Acadia National Park, it's gonna be her. She's our resident "Down East Yankee" and she can tell you anything and everything there is to know about that beautiful state.
If you have difficulty understanding the post above, read it out loud and it should make sense. This NGTO member is known for his poor hill-billy upbringing and his affinity for all things from Louisiana (particularly if it relates to LSU). It makes for a poor mix of accents and much difficulty in translation. He was doing well for so long, but now seems to have regressed.
Swamp Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-18, 11:42 PM   #3
dongrego
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutTackler View Post
Has anyone ever fished this National Park during the summer? My family is going to be there the last week of July and I was doing some reading and see that they have some small lakes with landlocked salmon, brook trout, lake trout, brown trout, smallies, perch, etc. It also looks like stripers could be running the coast right there at that time, as well. Anyone have any intel? Anyone know of a good fly guide in the area? I'm not turning up much from searching "The Google."

Thanks,
David
Hi David,
From living in the Boston area for several years, and going up Maine way several times. I don't remember stripers being a very good option up around Acadia. Pollock and maybe Blues might be more likely. You might look into the Penobscot river. and I know a lot of lakes are stocked with landlocked salmon. Penobscot is not too far from Acadia. and if you have time to get up north of there, check out Baxter S.P. Mostly lobstahs and clams around the coastline (and that can be a lot of fun to experience) but if I wanted to fish I would rather go inland. Hope this helps.
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark
dongrego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-18, 05:02 PM   #4
MDHerron
Stocker

If you make it further inland, I'll be backpacking in Baxter State Park, which is alleged to be brookie paradise, June 24-30.
MDHerron is offline   Reply With Quote