NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > Chattahoochee River
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-18, 08:20 PM   #11
swampguts
Native

Send a message via ICQ to swampguts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancheesey View Post
....removal of Twain from American literary lionization (along with London, Steinbeck, and others)...
Wait, what!?

Also, my grandfather had a shelf covered in LL's books, especially the Sacketts. I've read almost all of them before age ten, almost everything Twain had written by the same age, all the popular Jack London titles, the list goes into eternity...
swampguts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-18, 04:04 PM   #12
Kelly Hinson
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkbait View Post
If you might like a modern Western, you can't beat Craig Johnson's Longmire series of books. It's great to find an author you like and have a whole series of books already out there for you.
x2, have personally met Craig Johnson and the cast of Longmire at Longmire Days in Buffalo, WY in 2015. Great bunch of folks and down to earth as well. Had a drink in the Red Pony in town and then went trout fishing in Cody, WY. Great trip.

Kelly Hinson
Kelly Hinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-18, 07:33 AM   #13
UncleJesse
Native

It was the Sackett mini-series that got me started reading LL. I would like to find more DVD with movies from the LL books, for my old age which is rapidly approaching.
Old 06-19-18, 07:55 PM   #14
swampguts
Native

Send a message via ICQ to swampguts

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleJesse View Post
It was the Sackett mini-series that got me started reading LL. I would like to find more DVD with movies from the LL books, for my old age which is rapidly approaching.
I actually stumbled on a DVD miniseries starring Tom Selleck and Sam Elliot in a thrift shop recently, still in the shrink wrap. I have yet to open it. I'm actually kind apprehensive because it'll likely be terrible.
swampguts is offline   Reply With Quote