NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > N. Georgia Small Streams--Trout Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-18, 08:27 AM   #1
Deerhuntingdawg
Native
 
Deerhuntingdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Thomson, GA
Posts: 509
Default Quick Brookie Trip

Did a quick trip trip to the mountains Saturday and stopped by a stream that has been void of specks for the last two years. I didnít have long to fish it but caught a brookie out of each hole I hit. I dropped a nice 7-8 incher and managed this 6 incher (photo attached). What I observed was the increased water supply must have helped the population!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8D9505BB-5A19-4CF0-844D-B353A410119F.jpg (17.3 KB, 159 views)
Deerhuntingdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-18, 12:08 PM   #2
DavyD
Stocker
 
DavyD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 16
Default

Awesome! I'm really excited to explore more brookie streams/potential brookie streams.

Congratulations on a successful trip.
DavyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-18, 05:27 PM   #3
Dylar
Native
 
Dylar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 296
Default

Big motor on that fish.
Dylar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-18, 10:10 PM   #4
browniez
NGTO Hall of Fame
 
browniez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Hamilton Mill
Posts: 1,500
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerhuntingdawg View Post
Did a quick trip trip to the mountains Saturday and stopped by a stream that has been void of specks for the last two years. I didnít have long to fish it but caught a brookie out of each hole I hit. I dropped a nice 7-8 incher and managed this 6 incher (photo attached). What I observed was the increased water supply must have helped the population!
I wonder if itís the creek I have spoken about with Joey in the past. It had been barren the last two seasons we tried. Always knew they were there.
__________________
I like em big fat and sloppy.
browniez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-18, 03:21 PM   #5
buckman1
Native
 
buckman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Habersham County
Posts: 978
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by browniez View Post
I wonder if itís the creek I have spoken about with Joey in the past. It had been barren the last two seasons we tried. Always knew they were there.
Different creek. Same drainage though.
buckman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-18, 04:34 PM   #6
browniez
NGTO Hall of Fame
 
browniez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Hamilton Mill
Posts: 1,500
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman1 View Post
Different creek. Same drainage though.
I wonder if the other has recovered.

Either way you are long, long, long overdue for a trip down to the flatlands my friend. Come ride in the Jet-Mobile and whip on some Brown Troots
__________________
I like em big fat and sloppy.
browniez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-18, 09:30 PM   #7
buckman1
Native
 
buckman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Habersham County
Posts: 978
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by browniez View Post
I wonder if the other has recovered.

Either way you are long, long, long overdue for a trip down to the flatlands my friend. Come ride in the Jet-Mobile and whip on some Brown Troots
10-4. I was telling Lauren the other day that I want to go down there soon and fish with you. Maybe if you’d let me pose with one of your big fish she would once again think I’m the best fisherman, like she used to think before you showed up?
buckman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-18, 11:41 PM   #8
Deerhuntingdawg
Native
 
Deerhuntingdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Thomson, GA
Posts: 509
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman1 View Post
10-4. I was telling Lauren the other day that I want to go down there soon and fish with you. Maybe if you’d let me pose with one of your big fish she would once again think I’m the best fisherman, like she used to think before you showed up?
Yeah, Browniez has those monster brown trout figured out!
Deerhuntingdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
Copyright 2010 - North Georgia Trout Online - All Rights Reserved