NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > North Georgia Rivers--Trout Reports
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-18, 11:05 AM   #11
splatek16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Harris View Post
AMEN! Every member of NGTO should be a member of Trout Unlimited.

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
splatek16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-18, 02:10 PM   #12
kmccrary
Stocker

Having never been up to the Chattooga I would just like to clarify the DH section. Does it start at the 28 bridge and is it accessible right at the bridge or do I have to take one of the trails further up? What should I expect as far as the water? Wide flat and open or steep deep and fast? Any input is appreciated.
kmccrary is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-18, 02:34 PM   #13
random_lengths
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmccrary View Post
Having never been up to the Chattooga I would just like to clarify the DH section. Does it start at the 28 bridge and is it accessible right at the bridge or do I have to take one of the trails further up? What should I expect as far as the water? Wide flat and open or steep deep and fast? Any input is appreciated.
Chattooga Delayed Harvest begins at the GA Hwy 28 bridge and extends upstream to the mouth of Reed Creek. Yes, it is accessible right at the bridge. Or you can:

Option 1 - park at the Hwy 28 bridge on SC side. Walk up the trail a couple hundred yards, cross the river at a well-used crossing. Fisherman's trail up the GA side.

Option 2 - park at the gated road on GA side. Walk up the gated road to fields.

Just go - you'll figure out how to get on the water.

The river is wide enough for fly casting, lots of riffles and runs, ledges, and pools.
random_lengths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-18, 05:10 PM   #14
Philhutch80
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by random_lengths View Post
The Chattooga DH was helicopter stocked yesterday, and truck stocked last week. There were some really fine fish put in!

The stocking was a joint venture between the GA DNR and SC DNR, which provided the fish; the US Forest Service, which provided the helicopter and crew; and the Rabun Chapter TU and GA Council TU which paid for the helicopter costs.

If you enjoy fishing the Chattooga DH, please support these organizations. How? Purchase a GA trout license plate and join Trout Unlimited!
Excellent news sir! Thanks for the update!

"Everyday is a new life to a wise man."
-Chinese Proverb

“At sunrise everything is luminous but not clear.”
-Norman Maclean

"We are what we hunt."
-PH
Philhutch80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-18, 11:48 AM   #15
kmccrary
Stocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by random_lengths View Post
Chattooga Delayed Harvest begins at the GA Hwy 28 bridge and extends upstream to the mouth of Reed Creek. Yes, it is accessible right at the bridge. Or you can:

Option 1 - park at the Hwy 28 bridge on SC side. Walk up the trail a couple hundred yards, cross the river at a well-used crossing. Fisherman's trail up the GA side.

Option 2 - park at the gated road on GA side. Walk up the gated road to fields.

Just go - you'll figure out how to get on the water.

The river is wide enough for fly casting, lots of riffles and runs, ledges, and pools.
I made it up to the Chattooga for the first time yesterday. Parking areas were all pretty full but didn't see anybody on the river. Started on the SC side, crossed over at the end of the fields and went up maybe another 1/2 mile. Must not have gone far enough. Did catch a couple of rainbows though. Will definitely go back.
kmccrary is online now   Reply With Quote