NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > Chattahoochee River
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-18, 12:44 AM   #41
browniez
NGTO Hall of Fame

Location: Chidspain Run, Delooth (Wells Fargo Call Center Interpretation)

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntfish View Post
First, a river is dynamic and changes occur, on every river. Width, flow and stream beds change. Now getting back to the main issue, siltation which also affects O2 and temperature.

Observation is the key to any science experiment or study,. During discharges, you don't see the river turning into a mud bath. However, during rains, it becomes a mud bath. Wonder where that mud color is coming from? It's not the river edges.
Thus why fishing on the backside of a 127 release is my favoright.

Can see em come from 10 feet down and 20 feet off slashing at it 4 times before I screw up and pull it away from em in the gin clear What-uzz

It's hunting, not fishing.

Follow me on instagram @alexgreenfishing
browniez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-18, 09:36 AM   #42
Philhutch80
Native

Quote:
First, a river is dynamic and changes occur, on every river. Width, flow and stream beds change. Now getting back to the main issue, siltation which also affects O2 and temperature.

Observation is the key to any science experiment or study,. During discharges, you don't see the river turning into a mud bath. However, during rains, it becomes a mud bath. Wonder where that mud color is coming from? It's not the river edges.
Observation is the key. What has been observed is that until you get to a feeder stream the size of Suwanee creek THEN discharge factors from silt runoff start to affect the river below the creek inlet. Above Suwanee creek there are no major feeders of the Suwanee’s magnitude to add silt in that particular part of the river so how did the channel cut the way that it has and in what time period is one question.
The other is regarding these feeder creeks that inflow during rain with silt, what would you do to counteract that issue huntfish?
Also, during high releases I have seen along the leading edge of the pulse that the water within 3-6ft of the bank does become discolored this adding silt into the river but because of the increased flow rate it gets flushed more quickly than is noticed.
Philhutch80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-18, 09:38 AM   #43
Philhutch80
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by browniez View Post

Can see em come from 10 feet down and 20 feet off slashing at it 4 times before I screw up and pull it away from em in the gin clear What-uzz
They still do those releases, lol?!?!?! Hopefully this summer will be warm enough to warrant the need to generate like that. 2016 was a fun intro into that!
Old 01-14-18, 07:12 PM   #44
huntfish
Hall of Fame Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philhutch80 View Post
Observation is the key. What has been observed is that until you get to a feeder stream the size of Suwanee creek THEN discharge factors from silt runoff start to affect the river below the creek inlet. Above Suwanee creek there are no major feeders of the Suwanee’s magnitude to add silt in that particular part of the river so how did the channel cut the way that it has and in what time period is one question.
The other is regarding these feeder creeks that inflow during rain with silt, what would you do to counteract that issue huntfish?
Also, during high releases I have seen along the leading edge of the pulse that the water within 3-6ft of the bank does become discolored this adding silt into the river but because of the increased flow rate it gets flushed more quickly than is noticed.
A simple log can change river dynamics. Droppimg the mic on this
huntfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-18, 07:15 PM   #45
huntfish
Hall of Fame Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by browniez View Post

Sight fishing on clear falling water can be hazardous to your health sometimes. Reminds me of Pike fishing and seeing that big mouth open up. Hard not to jerk away
huntfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-18, 05:12 PM   #46
Philhutch80
Native

Quote:
A simple log can change river dynamics. Droppimg the mic on this
One syllable over a good haiku there huntfish.