NGTO Message Board
Welcome to NGTO!
Home ] [ Membership ] [ Donations ] [ Feedback ] [ Stream Reviews ] [ Stream Reports ] [ Maps ] [ Events ] [ Articles ] [ Rules and Regulations ] [ Archives ] Message Board ] FAQ ] [ Hall of Fame ] Sponsors & Supporters ] About ] [ Witticisms ] [ Distinguished Members ]
Welcome to NGTO!

Go Back   NGTO Message Board > Fishing Reports > Chattahoochee River
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Photo Gallery Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-18, 05:49 AM   #31
fishnpreacher
Board of Directors Chaplain, Hall of Fame

Way to go! You are the brownie master!

Exodus 29:18
Then burn the entire ram on the altar. It is a burnt offering to the LORD, a pleasing aroma, a food offering presented to the LORD.

God loves BBQ!
fishnpreacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-18, 07:38 AM   #32
richf7
Native

Congrats.

You are on fine fisherman.
richf7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-18, 09:13 AM   #33
groundpounder
Hall of Fame Member, Former Director

[quote=browniez;894345]It was actually on a baitcaster, but in the conventional gear bucket. I am not talented enough with a flyrod to pull off that cast. Conventional gear is also just more fun to fish for me personally.

Tying the streamers is more fun for me than fishing them. Actually the joy I got in tying and fishing them was fun for awhile. Enjoyed the creative aspect. JerryG and I have actually taken this creative aspect to conventional tackle now, and are trying to find that creative joy there. Handcrafting and tuning lures, articulated riggings, fooling with articulated jigs, all sorts of fun stuff I learned from Tying.

It's just the jam that interests me. So in a way flyfishing really helped me uncover what is becoming my true passion, building conventional baits in new ways and blending the two disciplines.

QUOTE]

Great fish Alex! And that one still doesn't look like its peaked out yet either. And a good short write on what and why you do what you do.
groundpounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-18, 02:56 PM   #34
TPerrie
Stocker

Man! What a nice hooch fish! Always cool when there's a history there. One year ago today I put one in the net that I'd been chasing for a while... Wasn't a 15 pounder though! Congrats
TPerrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-18, 03:25 PM   #35
browniez
NGTO Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPerrie View Post
Man! What a nice hooch fish! Always cool when there's a history there. One year ago today I put one in the net that I'd been chasing for a while... Wasn't a 15 pounder though! Congrats
Thank you thank you. It definitely is cooler.

I remember when you caught that one last year. I was massively impressed you caught it wading.

Hunter life my friend! I'm pretty sure your 15 pounder isn't far off.
Old 03-14-18, 04:18 PM   #36
buckman1
Native

Browniez is the undisputed King of the Hooch Tailwater!

On another more serious note, I must request that he longer post these creatures online because now my wife wants to go fishing with him and not me... I'm left all alone up here in the mountains feeling rather insufficient...
buckman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-18, 05:11 PM   #37
richf7
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman1 View Post
Browniez is the undisputed King of the Hooch Tailwater!

On another more serious note, I must request that he longer post these creatures online because now my wife wants to go fishing with him and not me... I'm left all alone up here in the mountains feeling rather insufficient...
When I show my wife pictures of beautiful fish you guys have caught she asks why I cant do that.

It makes me feel inadequate.
richf7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-18, 07:20 PM   #38
buckman1
Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by richf7 View Post
When I show my wife pictures of beautiful fish you guys have caught she asks why I cant do that.

It makes me feel inadequate.
Unfortunately, the 5" speck I can produce doesn't hold a candle to Browniez 15 pound whopper with cheese?

Seriously though, I mean, 4, maybe even 5 people in the entire state can say they've landed a totally wild, non pellet fed, 15 pound (pounds, not inches) brown trout in Georgia. What an incredible feat!
buckman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-18, 09:43 PM   #39
Dave375
Native

Flat out awesome!!!
Thanks for sharing the pics and some of the story of the work it took to even be in position to present a lure to it.
Dave375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-18, 05:02 AM   #40
Big T
BOD HOF SSQTCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman1 View Post
Unfortunately, the 5" speck I can produce doesn't hold a candle to Browniez 15 pound whopper with cheese?

Seriously though, I mean, 4, maybe even 5 people in the entire state can say they've landed a totally wild, non pellet fed, 15 pound (pounds, not inches) brown trout in Georgia. What an incredible feat!
Heck include pellet fed stocked fish and I bet only 4 or 5 folks could say they landed a trout that size. Unbelievable catch for a deserving angler.

I am with you Buckman, I no longer show my wife his fish.

Use Promo Code NGTO for 5% off
Big T is offline   Reply With Quote