Re: Keep your Money

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Flyguy on June 19, 1998 at 17:40:32:

In Reply to: Dukes Creek posted by flydude on June 19, 1998 at 15:45:02:

I have heard stories about Brigadoon that would have to turn me 180 degrees away from fishing there. I would rather Pay Hooker for gas and slip him a 2 liter of Mello Yellow as a tip any day. With trout chow prices going higher and higher the Hooch is not able to produce the number of monster trout that you get a Brigadoon, but a trip with the Hooker and on most trips a good amount of fish landed is by far worth more more than 10x the price of the gas he uses. There are to many rules applied at brigadoon, 2 min. fight limit so the fish do not get stressed in the heat, 6hr for $300+ dollars...Is that a full day on your other fishing trips or at the other places you fish weekend to weekend?

My suggestion to someone that has the urge to catch some big fish and get something of real value in return would be a weekend at Dogwood Riverside Inn. Awsome cabin, hot tub, Trophy stream right out your back door, Great Hosts, and the view is great. You can spend 3 days here for the price of 6 hours at Brigadoon. I would consider Dogwood a Consumers Report best buy and Hookes float trips a major bargin not tometion the great company and stroies included in the price. Give it a shot and find out which is more for the buck.

As Flydude stated Dukes is also a great fishery and its free for the asking. No question in my mind which ones are better.

One mans opinion,

Flyguy

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]