Re: Artificial only lures as well....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mr. T on June 07, 1998 at 14:33:54:

In Reply to: Artificial only lures as well.... posted by Dr. Strangetrout on June 06, 1998 at 09:25:59:

> I forgot to add the artificial only reg to the above list...thanks for those of you who reminded me :-)> I am putting a petition together with a few other individuals that would like to see the Toccoa river tailwater reach it's full potential. We are suggesting that the area between the GA Hwy 515 bridge outside of Blue Ridge and the old RR bridge outside the town of Mineral Bluff be put under special regulations. the regs would be as follows: A limit of 4 fish per angler (between 10" and 14") with one fish over 18". Total legal creel limit would be 5 fish (4 in slot limit and 1 "trophy" fish. Any suggestions as we are still trying to come up with regulations that would be fair to everyone and beneficial for the trout. Thanks, Doc

Dr. Strange-- I'm all for conservation and improving the fishery but I have a few questions. 1) Will the Toccoa tailwater support a trout population, naturally? If so, why hasn't DNR already put a conservation program in place? Where does TU stand on the issue? Why a petition? I understood that TU and DNR had a cooperative relationship. If so, something like this ought to be able to be handled without a formal petition drive unless it's controversial. If it's controversial, why?

If you're gonna do it, why don't you make it C&R only or one trophy fish over 20 inches. Artificials only is fine coupled with other measures but if you allow a limit of four 1-14 inches, I think you're contradicting your purpose.

Since I'm not a resident of Georgia, I can't sign a petition anyway, but if I were, I'd want these questions answered before I signed a petition.

I've learned over the years that you can be a lot more effective with a few key contacts rather than aggressive political activism.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Mr. T

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ georgia-outdoors.com message board ] [ FAQ ]